Thursday, November 3, 2011

Divorced and Starting Over

I am not a newbie to the blogging world, but major life changes curtailed my blogging and I have decided to start a new blog.    I feel that half the time, my life is a sitcom, just waiting to be played on TV.   I have a zany family life, which currently includes a live-in boyfriend, his son, my 2 daughters, an exchange student from Russia, a cat, a dog, and a horse.    I won't get into my extended family or friends, as they are too numerous to list.   I'm sure over the course of the next year they will be introduced here.

I recently went thru a divorce.   As far as divorces go, I think I would rate it a 6.  I ended up losing about 40K and all the contents of my house  to get out of the lovely marriage.  But, I did eventually get my house back, and we never had an issue with child custody or anything related to our kids.      I did almost wack the ex with a 7 iron from his golf bag however, when he refused to return the rocking chair I nursed both my babies in, and showed up at my house at the designated time to drop off the chair empty handed.  (Yes, I'm still bitter over that). 

I have quite a few friends that were or are in the throes of divorce, and are reentering the dating stream.    I scratch my head at their dating strategies.    I have decided it would be entertaining to share some of my Divorced and Dating stories here on the blog.   I'm not sure how I shall go about doing that however, as The Handsome One probably wouldn't be too thrilled at reading about men I dated before him.

However, since they were before him, I think I shall indulge my friends and share some of the zany escapades I ended up in.   Many of them ended up on my list of "unintended accomplishments".   My list of things that I wasn't planning on doing, but in the course of daily events, did anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again, E! Love your sense of humor!

    With friendship,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete